The Federal Government has directed the West African Examinations Council and the National Examinations Council to adopt full Computer-Based Testing for all their examinations by 2026.
The Minister of Education, Dr Tunji Alausa, disclosed this during the monitoring of the ongoing exams alongside JAMB officials, in Bwari on Monday.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that more than 2 million candidates registered for the ongoing examination in more than 800 centres across the country.
Alausa revealed that both the WAEC and NECO would start administering their objective papers via CBT, effective this November.
According to him, the full adoption of CBT for the essay and objective components would commence by May or June 2026.
āIf JAMB can successfully conduct CBT exams for more than 2.2 million candidates, WAEC and NECO can do the same.
āWe are going to get WAEC and NECO to also start their objective exam on CBT.
āBy 2026 exams which will come up in May/June, both the objectives and the essay will be fully on CBT. That is how we can eliminate exam malpractices.ā
Alausa also disclosed that a committee is currently reviewing examination standards nationwide, with recommendations expected next month.
Earlier, the JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, while speaking on the early schedule of the exams, clarified that the boardās UTME exams had always begun at 8:00 a.m.
Oloyede said that candidates were only expected to be on the ground by 6:30 a.m., to enable them to get accredited before the exams.
He dismissed complaints about early arrival times, noting that it was necessary to screen candidates before exams began.
āWe have always started our exams at 8 oāclock. The first session is 8 oāclock, the second session is 10:30, the third session is 1 p.m., and the fourth session is 3:30 p.m.
Oloyede also debunked claims of candidates being posted to centres they did not choose, stating that investigations showed no such cases had happened.
He confirmed that more than 1.6 million out of 2.03 million registered candidates had completed their exams, with about 50,000 remaining.
The registrar further revealed that more than 40 candidates had been arrested for malpractice, including impersonation and attempting to smuggle out exam questions with hidden cameras.
He added that of the registered candidates, more than 41,000 were underage.
Ā
MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 for business relationship, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so onā¦
YOU CAN READ MORE NEWS UPDATES AND INFO @ https://www.voiceairmedia.com
SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS āTHUG DISRUPTIONā CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…
Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…
All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…
News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…
News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…
News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…