Four households in Gwiwa Tungar Dole, Wamakko Local Government Area, Sokoto State, have refused to allow their children to receive oral polio vaccination during the ongoing house-to-house immunisation campaign.
The families, including those of Alhaji Buban Illela Mai Engine and Bashir Muhammad of Gwiwa Gurgawo, cited ongoing medical treatments elsewhere as the reason for rejecting the vaccines.
However, a community leader in the area, the Magajin Lugga Alhaji Yusuf Umar Lagaza, on Monday dismissed these claims as “flimsy excuses.”
He assured that the vaccination team would revisit the households in a fresh attempt to persuade them to comply.
The vaccination exercise, backed by the Sokoto State government, UNICEF, and other development partners, targets full immunisation coverage, especially in areas previously identified with low compliance rates.
Lagaza reported significant progress in the exercise, noting high turnout in communities like Gwiwa Bela and Gwiwa Tungar Dole. He said teams are now covering areas including Gwiwa Gurgawo and Gwiwa Garkar Lagaza, urging continued community support.
He also advised parents to prioritise their children’s health by ensuring they receive the polio vaccine and by accessing other vital health services at designated centres.
The immunisation campaign ran from April 26 to April 29.
MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 for business relationship, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so on…
YOU CAN READ MORE NEWS UPDATES AND INFO @ https://www.voiceairmedia.com
SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…
Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…
All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…
News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…
News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…
News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…