Foreign

Patrisse Cullors: Black Lives Matter co-founder resigns amid criticism about her lifestyle

One of the co-founders of Black Lives Matter said Thursday she’s stepping aside as executive director.

Patrisse Cullors, 37 — who was the leader of the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation for nearly six years — said she was leaving, effective Friday, to focus on a book and TV deal, according to the New York Post.
DISTROSCALE

“I’ve created the infrastructure and the support, and the necessary bones and foundation, so that I can leave,” Cullors said. “It feels like the time is right.”

Cullors denied her exit was related to criticism of the group’s finances and her own wealth, which allegedly includes multiple homes worth more than $3 million U.S., according to the Post, citing property records.

“Those were right-wing attacks that tried to discredit my character, and I don’t operate off of what the right thinks about me,” Cullors said.

The BLM foundation said in February that it took in just over $90 million last year, following the May 2020 murder of George Floyd, and said it had more than $60 million at the end of 2020.

EDITORIAL NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our trending and latest news directly into your WhatsApp Box as the news breaks.
Kindly CONTACT US ON 08072633727 📲 WhatsApp/Call📞 Also, For your Advert Placement, Media & Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Conference, Interviews, And So On

VAM News

Recent Posts

70-year-Old arrested for Alleged Rape of 10-year-old

The Bauchi State Police Command has arrested a 70-year-old man for allegedly raping a 10-year-old…

25 minutes ago

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

Former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, is set to emerge as the presidential flag…

39 minutes ago

Abducted woman rescued, five suspects arrested

A combined team of security operatives has rescued a kidnapped woman identified as Jemila Ibrahim…

1 hour ago

$1.3m + N746m alleged fraud: Ex-Buhari minister Farouq suddenly hospitalized

Former Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq is currently hospitalized in Egypt and unable to…

1 hour ago

One dead, two hospitalized in late-night attack

One person has been confirmed dead while two others were injured and are currently receiving…

2 hours ago

Nigerian faces US citizenship revocation over fraud

The United States Department of Justice has filed a civil complaint seeking to revoke the…

3 hours ago