60-Year-Old Man Killed In Gang Clash Following Adeleke, Davido’s Visit To Osogbo Palace

THE Osun State Police Command has commenced a full-scale investigation into the shooting and killing of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, at Itaolokan area of Osogbo.

The incident occurred on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, at about 4:00 p.m., according to a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abiodun Ojelabi, on behalf of the Commissioner of Police (Election), CP Samuel Etaifo.

The Command said preliminary investigation indicated that Yusuf, a resident of the Oke-Ayepe area of Osogbo, was allegedly shot by suspected hoodlums shortly after a confrontation involving members of the security team of music star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido.

According to the police, Governor Ademola Adeleke, accompanied by Davido, had earlier paid a courtesy visit to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at the monarch’s palace.

The police alleged that immediately after the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as “Small Rugged”, an ex-convict and suspected gang member, attempted to gain access to Davido but was resisted by members of the musician’s security team.

READ ALSO...  "State Anthem, Appellation Lawful" - Osun Assembly clashes with Adeleke

The ensuing confrontation allegedly attracted other suspected gang members in the vicinity, who reportedly blocked the entrance to the palace temporarily and obstructed the movement of the convoy.

The police said the suspected gang members subsequently left the vicinity but allegedly shot Yusuf at Itaolokan while on their way.

Upon receiving information about the shooting, the police said it immediately mobilised a patrol team to the scene.

Yusuf was reportedly found lying in a pool of blood and was rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, for medical attention. He was, however, pronounced dead by doctors on duty.

READ ALSO...  'Adeleke Is Our Choice' — Top APC Leader Reportedly Makes Shocking Revelation Ahead Osun Gov'ship

The Command said efforts were ongoing to identify, apprehend and prosecute the fleeing suspects.

CP Etaifo condemned the killing, describing it as a “dastardly act,” and assured residents that the police would deploy all available resources to bring those responsible to justice.

The police also appealed to members of the public with useful information that could assist the investigation to report to the nearest police station or contact the Command through its official channels.

The Command urged residents to remain calm and warned against taking the law into their own hands, assuring the public that further updates would be provided as the investigation progresses.

The police statement, however, described the allegations against the named individuals as preliminary findings, pending the outcome of the investigation.