News Update
Princess Abike Bayo-Ilawole, the Secretary of Ondo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (OSOPADEC) has been removed from the agency and posted to the State Universal Basic Education (SUBEB).
There has been a power tussle and allegation of financial misappropriation of N463 million rocking the commission in recent times.
Bayo-Ilawole, who is now a Permanent Secretary, had appeared before the Code of Conduct Bureau ( CCB) in Akure office, which invited four of OSOPADEC officials over the alleged financial misconduct.
Bayo-Ilawole, who appeared before the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) last week Wednesday, said that the fund was not missing as alleged but used for various projects approved by Gov. Lucky Aiyedatiwa.
“The allegation has been misappropriation of fund. I think, maybe N463 million. And to me, I just felt the record will speak for itself, and that has been my response.”
However, according to a circular dated 16th February, 2026 and sighted by correspondent, Mr F. A. Omomowo will now take over from Bayo-Ilawole as the oil agency’s Secretary.
A government said the posting is a normal practice in the public service and it has nothing to do with ongoing probe of the financial allegation.
MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 for business relationship, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so on…
News Update THE Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Osun State Council, has elected Comrade Adeyemi…
News Update Political thugs suspected to be loyal to the members of National Union of…
THE crescent moon for the commencement of the holy month of Ramadan has been sighted…
News Update Members of the House of Representatives on Tuesday staged a walkout, chanting “APC…
News Update A passenger on a United Airlines flight from Nigeria to Washington D.C. died…
THE Ekiti State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, along with the Ministry of…