Education

School Free Shuttle Buses Set For Operations In Ondo

News Update

There are strong indications that the Ondo state school free shuttle buses will commence operations again on Monday 27th January, 2025, even as it cleared air on the withdrawal of free shuttle buses since on January 20, 2025.

Sunshinetruth News had earlier reported the withdrawal of the buses, making parents and students to lament the ugly development.

They called on Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to intervene to enable the buses resume carrying of students to and from schools across the state.

According to a top government official who spoke with newsmen anonymously, the recent dissolution of the state Executive Council and retirement of the permanent secretary in the Ministry of Transport caused the delay in sorting out logistics of the buses.

However, a Permanent Secretary, Segun Odusanya has been posted to the ministry to immediately put things in proper shape ahead of next week when the buses will resume operations.

The Source said, “it is not true that the Government has suspended the free shuttle buses, it was only withdrawn for this week. Or can we say temporary suspension.

“The Buses worked in the first week of this term. The hiccups being experienced now is because there’s no political head in the Ministry now and the PS retired. The absence of these two key people affected the running.

“We are aware Mr Governor has approved necessary fund for the running of the buses. The buses will be back on the road from Monday,” the source confirmed.

Also reacting, the Chief Press Secretary to the Ondo State Governor, Prince Ebenezer Adeniyan said “this is not true. The Ondo State Government has not suspended the free shuttle service.

“Before Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa became Acting Governor and later Governor, the shuttle buses were nowhere in sight.

“Since he came on board, he has maintained the shuttle, increased its fleet with five new buses and there are shuttle boats in the riverine areas.

“Because of the daily running of these buses and because the scheme is driven by public service, there will be occasional issues of logistics.

“The current one has been resolved and the buses should be back on the roads by Monday,” Adeniyan said.

VAM News

Recent Posts

2027: Rivers APC Governorship Candidate Emerges

THE All Progressives Congress (All Progressives Congress) has announced Ogundu Kingsley Chinda as its governorship…

1 hour ago

TICC: Osun APC Assessment Projects Decisive Victory for Governor Adeleke

"THE Imole Campaign Council (TICC) has received a credible political assessment reportedly commissioned within strategic…

2 hours ago

Court nullifies INEC guidelines over political parties membership register

THE Abuja Division of the Federal High Court has invalidated guidelines by the Independent National…

4 hours ago

Like Arsenal, Aston Villa Wins First European Trophy in 44 Years

Aston Villa have won the Europa League with a 3-0 win over Freiburg at the…

5 hours ago

Tinubu names 39-year-old Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar: Key facts and biography

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Professor Segun Aina as the new Registrar of the Joint…

8 hours ago

Ekiti Poll: INEC Warns Against Vote Buying

THE Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Joash Amupitan, has assured residents of Ekiti…

9 hours ago