Featured

Atiku: I’m cautious in considering deliberate attempts to sabotage Dangote Refinery

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar says he’s being cautious in considering any deliberate attempts to impede the progress of the Dangote refinery.

 

Atiku urged Nigerians to take resolute actions to provide reassurance that both internal and external forces are not collaborating to prevent the nation from reaping the benefits of the refinery.

 

“Each parent eagerly awaiting the arrival of a child will dutifully undertake the necessary measures to ensure that the nurturing and development of this precious blessing remain a primary focus. This fundamental principle applies equally to investments, whether they be local or international in nature.

 

“With this understanding, I am cautious in considering any deliberate attempts to impede the progress of the Dangote Refinery, a significant private sector project positioned to meet our energy and forex needs.

 

“Alongside numerous fellow citizens of goodwill, I call upon all Nigerians to take resolute actions to provide reassurance that both internal and external forces are not collaborating to prevent us from reaping the benefits promised by this eagerly anticipated transformative endeavour,” Atiku posted on X.

 

The statement comes after Dangote Refinery said it is yet to receive 26 million barrels of crude allocation facilitated by the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission, NUPRC.

 

NUPRC had claimed it facilitated 26 million barrels of crude oil allocation to Dangote Refinery in the first quarter of 2024.

 

However, Dangote Refinery said that NUPRC had only facilitated the purchase of one crude cargo from a domestic producer.

 

“Aside from the term supply we bilaterally negotiated with NNPC, so far NUPRC has only facilitated the purchase of one crude cargo from a domestic producer. The rest of the cargoes we have processed were purchased from international traders,” Dangote Refinery stated.

 

The company went on to urge NUPRC to facilitate the implementation of the Petroleum Industry Act.

 

 

Akanji Philip

Akanji Philip has been working as a reporter with VOICE AIR MEDIA, both onsite at the head office in Odi-Olowo, Osogbo, and remotely since 2021. He has covered events at notable political venues, involving prominent figures such as former Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, current Osun State Governor Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, former Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the late Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, and various other representatives and lawmakers. In addition, he has represented the company at various press conferences at police stations and has reported on occasions featuring entertainers and actors, such as Kola Oyewo during Oba-Ile Day in Osun State, among others. 📞 +2349058501092, +2348137827714 ✉️ akanjiphilips100@gmail.com

Recent Posts

Tinubu Sweeps Osun APC Presidential Primary With 100,888 Votes, Opponent Gets Zero

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday was declared the winner of the presidential election primary…

5 hours ago

2027: Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye Declares Tinubu Winner of Idanre APC Presidential Primary

News Update IDANRE, ONDO STATE – Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye, an allegedly uncleared aspirant who also…

9 hours ago

Ministers Who Quit Tinubu’s Cabinet Lose APC Primaries

THE decision by some former ministers of President Bola Tinubu to resign from the Federal…

9 hours ago

Trump: Why I won’t attend my son’s wedding

News Update U.S. President Donald Trump announced Friday that he will not attend his eldest…

18 hours ago

Osun: FRSC Deploys 555 Operatives For Eid-el-Kabir

THE Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Osun Sector Command, has revealed that a total of…

23 hours ago

2026 world cup: FIFA introduces Sign Language

FIFA has announced that the 2026 FIFA World Cup will become the first edition of…

1 day ago