VOICE AIR MEDIA News Update
Youths of Uso community in Owo Local Governent Area of Ondo State, on Friday, blocked the Ogbese axis of the Akure-Owo-Benin highway during a protest over incessant kidnapping in the community.
It was gathered that three persons were abducted near Total Filling station on Thursday, March 23, but one person later escaped.
The incident was said to have angered the youths of the community who staged the protest along the expressway.
The protesters blocked the busy expressway, causing traffic gridlock for several hours.
All efforts made by the police to placate them were not successful as they insisted on barricading the expressway.
However, the protesters were said to have successfully been dispersed by the police.
Spokesperson of the police in the state, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the kidnap of the victims and said men of the Command had swung into action to ensure the victims were rescued.
“Our men of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad have been on the trail of the bandits to ensure the victims were rescued.” she said.
On the protest however, Odunlami said normalcy had returned to the area as the expressway had been cleared for free flow of vehicles.
News Update US President Donald Trump has announced an increase in his new global import…
News Update THE Senate of the University of Abuja (UniAbuja) has approved the expulsion of…
THE All Progressives Congress (APC) has won four chairmanship seats in the ongoing area council…
...Cleric Preaches Generosity, Obedience ...As Beneficiaries Shower Encomiums An Osogbo-born successful young entrepreneur and astute…
THE Peoples Democratic Party has recorded a major victory in the Gwagwalada Area Council election…
Osun Payroll: UNIOSUN To Seek Legal Action Over Audit Report Of Consultant On VC, Staff…