Education

Breaking: JAMB reschedules 2023 mock examination

JAMB has shifted the 2023 Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) mock examination earlier scheduled for Thursday, March 16 to Thursday, March 30.

 

 

 

Its Head, Public Affairs and Protocol, Dr Fabian Benjamin told newsmen in Abuja on Monday that the shift became necessary because of the postponement of governorship elections from March 11 to March 18.

 

 

 

“Candidates who registered early and indicated their willingness to take the Mock-UTME would be notified as to when to print their Mock-UTME notification slips, which would contain their centres and other details.

 

 

 

“The Mock-UTME is an optional examination introduced by JAMB to provide an opportunity for candidates to have hands-on experience with the system.

 

 

 

“It also affords JAMB an opportunity to ascertain its readiness and that of its partners for the main UTME scheduled to hold between April 29 and May 12, 2023.

 

 

 

“The board also uses this opportunity to announce that the 2023 UTME would witness some ground-breaking innovations to address observed infractions and centre failures.

 

 

 

“For instance, in the new regime, if there is a delay of up to one hour before the commencement of a particular session, that session stands cancelled and would be rescheduled along with the candidates,’’ he said.

 

 

 

Benjamin added that by the same token, no examination would be started one hour after the scheduled commencement time as the session would be scheduled for any vacant or available slot.

 

 

“JAMB has made it mandatory that candidates must be notified of their new scheduled sessions or centres, as the case may be before they leave their original centre.

 

 

 

“In addition, no candidate would be allowed to spend less than one hour before submission of responses during the UTME.

 

 

 

“Similarly, the new regime would make it impossible for candidates to log in after one hour of activation of the examination.

 

 

 

“If for any reason an examination session is cancelled or cannot hold, candidates are not to panic as they will simply be scheduled for the next available session, which could be that same day,’’’ he said.

 

 

Benjamin called on candidates who might experience delays to log into the system to quietly leave the hall and move to the “Holding Area’’ to await further instructions.

 

 

 

He also urged candidates not to leave the examination centre until they had been notified of the day and time of their rescheduled examination.

 

 

 

“Candidates are to note that any rescheduled examination is strictly to accommodate only those whose examination session could not hold on account of one reason or another.

 

 

 

“It is not for those who were marked LATE or ABSENT for their session,’’ he stressed. CONTINUE READING………………………………………………..

 

 

 

THIS IS FOR YOU🤳🏾👨🏼‍💻

For your Surprise birthday wishes, Business Advert Placement, Publicity Online and offline, Press Release, Social Media Management, For Your Content Writer Plug, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Featured Story, Conference, And Interviews – CONTACT US @VAM on WhatsApp/Call📞@ 08072633727 📲

Akanji Philip

Akanji Philip has been working as a reporter with VOICE AIR MEDIA, both onsite at the head office in Odi-Olowo, Osogbo, and remotely since 2021. He has covered events at notable political venues, involving prominent figures such as former Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, current Osun State Governor Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, former Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the late Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, and various other representatives and lawmakers. In addition, he has represented the company at various press conferences at police stations and has reported on occasions featuring entertainers and actors, such as Kola Oyewo during Oba-Ile Day in Osun State, among others. 📞 +2349058501092, +2348137827714 ✉️ akanjiphilips100@gmail.com

Recent Posts

APC 2027: Ondo Reps Candidates Emerge After Heated Primaries – Full list

THE All Progressives Congress. APC, has unveiled its candidates for the 2027 House of Representatives…

3 hours ago

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

10 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

12 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

16 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

19 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

20 hours ago