The Lagos State Government says it has arrested the developer of the three-storey building under construction that collapsed at No. 16 Akanbi Crescent, Onike Area, Lagos, on Saturday afternoon.
The State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Dr Idris Salako, in a statement, said, “the government moved in swiftly to minimize impact at the site around 3.30 p.m. on Saturday.
”Preliminary findings indicated that the site had been sealed off twice by the Lagos State Building Control Agency in 2021 for non-compliance with building regulations, after which the site was abandoned.
“However, the developer later broke the government seal, sneaked into the site and recommenced construction without official authorisation.
“As at 9:00 pm, one person had been pulled out alive, while two deaths were recorded.
“The developer in charge of the site has since been arrested and handed over to police, while rescue operation is ongoing,” he said.
THE Osun State Police Command has urged Nigerian youth to reject political violence, electoral thuggery…
Ordinarily, one wouldn't bother on any response to inglorious pontification of Remi Omowaiye on the…
THE Ekiti State Government has commenced moves to integrate women’s economic empowerment into its broader…
STATEHOUSE STATEMENT Members of the APC Presidential Campaign Council constituted; Abdulaziz Yari to serve as…
Two personnel of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, Amotekun Corps, were killed when suspected…
NEWS UPDATE INEC TO CONDUCT NATIONWIDE MOCK ACCREDITATION IN NOVEMBER 2026 The Independent National Electoral…