A 34-year-old church worker, Patrick Ekene, has been remanded at an FCT correctional centre for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old girl.
The police charged Ekene, who resides in Kubwa, Abuja, with rape.
Justice Bello Kawu of the FCT High Court in Kubwa, gave the order on Tuesday while delivering ruling on the bail application made by the defence counsel, Tony Eseigbe.
Kawu said that the offence was not ordinarily bailable and adjourned the case until Dec. 16 for hearing.
The defence counsel had earlier made a bail application in favour of his client, urging the court to grant him bail.
The Prosecutor, Gabriel Adeosun had told the court that the defendant had unlawful carnal knowledge of the minor in Kubwa, Abuja on Oct.10, 2020.
Adeosun said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 31 (1) and punishable under subsection 2 of the Child Right Act LFN 2003.
SPONSORED: For your surprise birthday, wedding or house-warming celebration, event, report, featured story, religious activities, and others reach us @Voice Air for media coverage. Available on request nationwide🏍️🚙 We promise to satisfy you to your taste. 08072633727 (For WhatsApp & calls)
The news you need is here 💯%
News Update A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) backed by Oyo State Governor,…
THE Osun State Police Command has launched the Violent Crime Response Unit, VCRU. The launch…
News Update While breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day, eating…
Iran has allegedly revealed plans to place huge bounties on the heads of US President…
The lawmaker representing Surulere I in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Elliot, has…
Dr Kayode Fayemi, former Governor of Ekiti State and Executive Chairman of the Amandla Institute…