$1.3m + N746m alleged fraud: Ex-Buhari minister Farouq suddenly hospitalized

Former Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq is currently hospitalized in Egypt and unable to attend her ongoing court case, according to her lawyer.

Sadiya Umar Farouq is facing a 21-count charge filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission alongside a permanent secretary in the ministry and another defendant.

The case, VAM News reports, involves allegations of breach of trust, abuse of office, and diversion of public funds said to be about $1.3 million and N746.6 million.

At the Federal Capital Territory High Court in Apo, the prosecution informed the court that the matter was scheduled for arraignment, but the first defendant was not present despite a previous arrest order issued against her.

READ ALSO...  3 Students Hospitalised As Gunmen Open Fire On Barber's Shop In Osun

The EFCC also reminded the court that one of the co-defendants had already turned himself in after the order was made.

Counsel to the former minister told the court that she is receiving treatment in Egypt and that a medical report showed she was advised by doctors not to travel.

He added that she would need about two months to recover before she can appear in court.

The judge questioned her absence and noted that the case has faced delays.

He ruled that the arrest warrant earlier issued against her will remain active and warned that the court may take further action if she fails to appear at the next hearing.

READ ALSO...  Tinubu seeks Approval to borrow $5 Billion

MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 for business relationship, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so on…

The matter was adjourned to June 8, 2026, for arraignment as the court insisted that the case would continue once she is able to attend.