Extra

NBTE: Our boss not under ICPC probe

The National Board for Technical Education has debunked a report claiming that its Executive Secretary, Prof Idris Bugaje, is being probed by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission.

 

The NBTE made the denial in a statement issued by the Head of Media Unit, Office of the Executive Secretary, Mrs. Fatima Abubakar, in Kaduna, on Thursday.

 

The statement said; “Our attention has been drawn to an online publication titled ‘NBTE Executive Secretary under fire over multimillion Naira fraud allegation’ published by an online medium on February 10, 2025. We wish to state categorically that the Executive Secretary is not under any investigation by ICPC.

 

“Since the creation of NBTE in 1977, physical accreditation had been done through cash advances to staff, who in turn pay resource persons air tickets, honoraria, etc. and at the end make retirements which were audited.”

 

The statement also said, “There were no violations of financial regulations. Whatever institutions pay, there are other components that are not cash advanced such as copies of curricula, NBTE Journals, service charges, inspectorate surcharge, etc.”

 

The statement also clarified the status of NBTE Consult Ltd. It said, “it was an innovation introduced by the ES when he assumed office in 2021. The company was duly registered by CAC to carry out training and consultancy services to generate income for the NBTE.”

 

On the allegation that the NBTE had luxury cars to sell, NBTE said, “the ES inherited accident vehicles and had to borrow a car from Kaduna Polytechnic till year end when he managed to buy 12 brand new vehicles from our capital budget.”

 

“The campaign of calumny by this director and his cohorts has been going on for about a year now using various print and online media, having exhausted his petitioning campaign. The Board shall not be diverted, shall remain focused and shall not relent in ensuring transparency in our operations.”

 

 

NOTE: YOU can join our Online Platform for the News updates by sending your Full name & Location to us on WhatsApp and for your Advert and Publication @ 08072633727

 

YOU CAN READ MORE NEWS UPDATES AND INFO @ https://www.voiceairmedia.com

Akanji Philip

Akanji Philip has been working as a reporter with VOICE AIR MEDIA, both onsite at the head office in Odi-Olowo, Osogbo, and remotely since 2021. He has covered events at notable political venues, involving prominent figures such as former Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, current Osun State Governor Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, former Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the late Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, and various other representatives and lawmakers. In addition, he has represented the company at various press conferences at police stations and has reported on occasions featuring entertainers and actors, such as Kola Oyewo during Oba-Ile Day in Osun State, among others. 📞 +2349058501092, +2348137827714 ✉️ akanjiphilips100@gmail.com

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

5 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

7 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

11 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

14 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

15 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago