Categories: Local News

FG invites NLC for meeting

VAM News Update

THE Federal Government has again invited the leadership of the Nigerian Labour Congress to a meeting in order to resolve issues over the looming industrial action.

The meeting between the two parties had been scheduled for Monday September 18, 2023.

This was disclosed in a statement issued on Sunday, by the Director Information, Ministry of Labour and Employment ,Olajide Oshundun.

Oshundun said, “The Minister of Labour and Employment Simon Bako Lalong has again invited the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC for another meeting over its planned indefinite strike.

“The Minister who directed the Department of Trade Unions Services and Industrial Relations to convene a meeting with the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) for Monday 18th September 2023 said it was important that the Unions sit with Government to resolve all pending matters to avert further disruption to the economy.

“According to the Minister, the administration of President Bola Tinubu will always engage the organised labour and respond to its concerns after due consultation and negotiations in order to guarantee industrial harmony which is critical to the attainment of the Renewed Hope Agenda”

The PUNCH reports that the latest invitation by the federal government is coming days after The Nigeria Labour Congress ended it’s two-day warning strike after shunning an earlier meeting with the Federal Government to embark on the strike over increasing hardship and suffering across the country caused by the removal of fuel subsidy.

The NLC had given notice of a two-day warning strike to protest the excruciating mass suffering and impoverishment experienced around the country, threatening a total and indefinite shutdown of the economy within 14 working days or 21 days after the warning strike, if government did not take steps to address the hardship being experienced across the country.(Punch)

VAM News

Recent Posts

Bus kills pedestrian in fatal crash

A pedestrian has lost his life after being knocked down by a Toyota Coaster bus…

11 minutes ago

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail, Sets Conditions

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

57 minutes ago

US military targets ISIS in Nigeria again

The US Africa Command, AFRICOM, in a joint collaboration with the Nigerian Government has carried…

1 hour ago

Man behead mother, kills sister, child in attack

In the first incident, a middle-aged man allegedly attacked and killed his mother with a…

2 hours ago

Osun APC calls for calm amid election disputes

The leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Osun State has called for restraint…

4 hours ago

Bandits behead abducted teacher

Michael Oyedokun, one of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local…

4 hours ago