Crime

Positive Development as Police save three kidnap victims, Suspects on the run

The FCT police command has announced the rescue of three kidnap victims abducted by unknown armed men in Kubwa area of the FCT.

Sunday Babaji, the FCT police commissioner, said an aggressive manhunt for the suspects is currently ongoing to clamp down on the suspects.

He, however, revealed several pieces of ammunition like an AK-47 rifle, 25 rounds, and other harmful objects were recovered from the suspects during a chase by police operatives.

Josephine Adeh, the FCT police command spokesperson, in reaction to the latest development on Wednesday, December 7, said preliminary investigation had revealed the location of the incident, Punch reported.

She said some suspected armed men invaded the Kubwa Relocation Estate, and two persons were shot during the invasion.

Adeh said:

“The suspects while departing the scene, left with four victims possibly to enable them to invade arrest by the approaching police response team deployed to the area on quick intervention.

“The two gunshot victims were immediately rushed to the hospital for medical attention but unfortunately, one of them, Oshodi could not survive as he was confirmed dead by the doctor, while Abdulwahab is still being attended to.”

However, the FCT police command revealed that all necessary resources required for the manhunt had been deployed for effective operation.

Babaji, however, urged residents not to be alarmed but to remain vigilant and appealed to residents to help the police with the investigation if they notice anything.

He urged to call the following mobile numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, and 08028940883, while the Public Complaint Bureau Desk can be reached on 0902 222 2352.
CONTINUE READING…

Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? For Adverts or reports call/WhatsApp us on +2348072633727

Agency1

Recent Posts

Arsenal bag 2025/26 Premier League

News Update Arsenal ended a 22-year wait to be crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday…

5 hours ago

PDP adopts Jonathan as sole presidential candidate

News Update A faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) backed by Oyo State Governor,…

11 hours ago

Osun police set up special unit against violent crimes

THE Osun State Police Command has launched the Violent Crime Response Unit, VCRU. The launch…

13 hours ago

7 Foods You Must Avoid For Breakfast For Better Energy

News Update While breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day, eating…

13 hours ago

Iran parliament discusses €50m bounty on Trump, Netanyahu

Iran has allegedly revealed plans to place huge bounties on the heads of US President…

14 hours ago

Elliot clears air on Obasa impeachment

The lawmaker representing Surulere I in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Elliot, has…

15 hours ago