National

Nigerian Police Begin Clampdown On Leader Of Proposed Strike Action

The Nigerian police authorities have launched operation clampdown on officers planning to embark on industrial actions on Saturday.

Some policemen had last week said they would embark on the warning strike to protest poor working conditiincremeO salaries, lack of genuine welfare benefits and outdated weapons.

A protest tagged “We are tired of negligence” is also scheduled to be held at the Eagles Square in Abuja to reiterate their demands to the Nigerian government.

The officers condemned the continuous killing of their colleagues by armed robbers and terrorists, without adequate compensation for their families.

They accused the Nigerian government of lying about the incremeOn of police salary and other promised benefits and demanded improved conditions of service, particularly salary increase and provision of modern weapons as they tackle the security challenges facing the country.

Reacting, Inspector-General of Police, Mr Usman Baba, warned the officers against such action.

According to Baba, a strike action by a lead security agency such as the police was tantamount to mutiny.

However, the policemen insisted that there was no going back on the planned industrial action.

A police signal on Wednesday showed that one Inspector Adebimpe Olorundare had been arrested as one of the leaders of the aggrieved officers.

Police source said Olorundare’s WhatsApp had also been diagnosed and more arrests would be made soon.

“IN LINE WITH YIUR VERBAL DIRECTIVE REGARDING TRACKING ANALYSIS O/C SIB MINE X ARRESTED AP/NO 252426 INSPECTOR ADEBIMPE OLORUNDARE ‘M’ ATTACHED TO BOMBPOL BASE 14 JOS MINE WITH GSM NO 080607153** AND PRESENTLY ON HIS WAY TO FHQ ABUJA X WITH THE SUSPECT AS DIRECTED X ABOVE FOR YOUR INFORMATION FOR FURTHER DIRECTIVE X PLEASE XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX,” the signal read. CONTINUE READING…

Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? For Adverts or report call/WhatsApp us on +2348072633727

VAM News

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

5 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

7 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

11 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

14 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

16 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago