Categories: Local News

Ibori Loot: Accountant General Makes U-Turn, Gives 2 Conflicting Updates

Ahmed Idris, the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF), has said the £4.2 million loot recovered from former Governor James Ibori has not been returned to the Delta state government.

This is contained released on Wednesday, May 26, by Henshaw Ogubike, the spokesman of the Office of the AGF, Daily Trust reported.

Ogubike claimed Idris only suggested that stolen funds will be returned to states where they were illegally taken from, The Punch also stated.

VAM News notes that barely 24 hours earlier, the accountant-general had said the loot of ex-Governor James Ibori had been returned to Delta state.

He said this on Tuesday, May 25, when he appeared before the House of Representatives ad-hoc committee investigating the status of all recovered loots from 2002 to 2020.

Ogubike added that the money is not yet in the federal government coffers, contradicting Abubakar Malami, Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), who had earlier said Nigeria had received the money. Malami had said the amount has been credited into the designated federal government account with naira equivalent as of May 10.

However, the statement from the Accountant-General’s office said the money is being awaited. The statement read in part: “The issue of the £4.2m Ibori Loot has not been properly resolved.

The money is still being awaited, after which the issues around it will be resolved before further action is taken. For now, no money has been returned to Delta state”.

EDITORIAL NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our trending and latest news directly into your WhatsApp Box as the news breaks.
Kindly CONTACT US ON 08072633727 📲 WhatsApp/Call📞 Also, For your Advert Placement, Media & Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Conference, Interviews, And So On

VAM News

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

2 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

4 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

9 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

11 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

13 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago