Lifestyle

Trump: Why I won’t attend my son’s wedding

News Update

U.S. President Donald Trump announced Friday that he will not attend his eldest son’s wedding ceremony this weekend, citing government matters and his love for the United States.

Mr Trump said on the Truth Social platform that, although he would have loved to attend Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding to Florida socialite and model Bettina Anderson, circumstances would not permit him to.

“While I very much wanted to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump family, his soon-to-be wife, Bettina, circumstances pertaining to government and my love for the United States of America do not allow me to do so.

“I feel it is important for me to remain in Washington, D.C., at the White House during this important period of time. Congratulations to Don and Bettina,” he wrote.

The president told reporters at the White House on Thursday that the wedding is going to be “a small, private affair,” adding, “I’m going to try and make it.”

“This is not good timing for me,” he stated, citing Iran and “other things.”

The wedding will be held this weekend on a small island in the Bahamas, with fewer than 50 people, including the couple’s closest friends and immediate family, expected to attend, CNN reported.

The outlet cited sources saying the president was not expected to attend as the couple wants a private ceremony to minimise security concerns and the disruptions associated with the president’s presence.

MESSAGE us @
https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 for business relationship, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so on…

Mr Trump Jnr and Mrs Anderson legally tied the knot on Thursday, according to records filed in Palm Beach County, Florida. The marriage is his second.

He was previously married to former model Vanessa for 12 years, and they have five children together. They separated in 2018.

VAM News

Recent Posts

2027: Presidential candidates Sign Peace Accord

...The ceremony came one day before the commencement of campaigns for the presidential and National…

4 hours ago

Ekiti announces date for 2026 Ikogosi Road Race

THE 2026 Ikogosi Road Race will take place on October 31 following official endorsement from…

8 hours ago

Nollywood Actor Hassan Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ in critical condition

THE daughter of veteran Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has debunked reports…

9 hours ago

Osun 2026: Oyebamiji Thanks Supporters, Flags Attacks On APC Members, Urges Peace

All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in the just-concluded Osun State election, Asiwaju Munirudeen Bola…

16 hours ago

83 more Nigerians evacuated from South Africa over Xenophobia attacks

THE Federal Government has announced that another batch of 83 Nigerians evacuated from South Africa…

16 hours ago

“A Great Loss”: Osun Online Publishers Mourn Matron Olufunmilola Abokede

THE Osun Online Publishers Association (OOPA) is in mourning following the death of its Matron,…

17 hours ago