One person has been confirmed dead while two others were injured and are currently receiving treatment after a late-night attack in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
The development was contained in a post shared on X by security analyst, Zagazola Makama on Monday night.
MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 / 08072633727 for business & brand promotion/relationship/partnership, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and any job related to Media…
According to the post, Security sources said the incident happened around 11:15 p.m. on May 17, 2026, when troops stationed at the Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Bingi received a distress call about an attack on Dan Jugku village.
“Troops of the 1 Brigade Combat Team reportedly moved quickly to the scene, where they found that three residents had been shot during the attack.
“One victim was confirmed dead on the spot, while the two injured persons were evacuated to a clinic in Bingi for medical attention,”Makama wrote.
Voice Air Media NEWS CHANNEL @
https://whatsapp.com/channel/a0029VaOyfbTF6smu2UTRUn1w
Efforts are said to be ongoing to restore calm in the area, with security patrols intensified in nearby communities to prevent further attacks and track down those responsible.
A combined team of security operatives has rescued a kidnapped woman identified as Jemila Ibrahim…
Former Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq is currently hospitalized in Egypt and unable to…
The United States Department of Justice has filed a civil complaint seeking to revoke the…
The Court of Appeal sitting in Port Harcourt has delivered a landmark judgment in favour…
Gunshots on Monday rocked some wards in the Ondo Central Senatorial District in Ondo State…
A pregnant woman shockingly gave birth to a baby boy in the middle of a…