Foreign

Iran shuts Hormuz again within hours

Iran has announced the closure of the Strait of Hormuz just hours after declaring the strategic waterway open, reversing its position amid rising geopolitical tensions.

According to Iran’s state broadcaster, IRIB, the Iranian military said in a statement that the Strait would now be placed under tighter restrictions.

The military stated that “the Strait of Hormuz” is now closed again, and passage requires Iran’s approval.

MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 / 08072633727 for business & brand promotion/relationship/partnership, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and any job related to Media…

The statement further explained that the waterway has “returned to its previous state” after the United States allegedly refused to lift its naval blockade on Iranian Gulf ports.

“We warned you, and you ignored it. Now enjoy Hormuz returning to its previous state,” an Iranian official said.

Recall that Iran had earlier announced the full reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, a move that was welcomed by United States President Donald Trump, who praised the decision at the time.

However, the latest reversal has again raised concerns over global energy supply routes and market stability.

Voice Air Media NEWS CHANNEL @
https://whatsapp.com/channel/a0029VaOyfbTF6smu2UTRUn1w

Following the earlier announcement of reopening, crude oil prices had fallen by about 11 percent, with West Texas Intermediate and Brent trading between $83 and $90 per barrel.

It was reported that since February 28, global crude oil prices have remained volatile due to ongoing conflict tensions in the Middle East.

Tijani Mariam

Recent Posts

Setting the Record Straight: Remi Omowaiye’s Misrepresentations on the 2026 Osun Governorship Election, by Prince Adeotun Omisore

Ordinarily, one wouldn't bother on any response to inglorious pontification of Remi Omowaiye on the…

3 hours ago

Ekiti Domesticates National WEE Policy to Boost Women’s Economic Inclusion

THE Ekiti State Government has commenced moves to integrate women’s economic empowerment into its broader…

3 hours ago

2027: APC Constitutes Presidential Campaign Council For Tinubu’s Re-election

STATEHOUSE STATEMENT Members of the APC Presidential Campaign Council constituted; Abdulaziz Yari to serve as…

4 hours ago

How Two Amotekun officers were killed in Ondo ambush attack

Two personnel of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, Amotekun Corps, were killed when suspected…

5 hours ago

2027 elections: INEC picks November for mock accreditation

NEWS UPDATE INEC TO CONDUCT NATIONWIDE MOCK ACCREDITATION IN NOVEMBER 2026 The Independent National Electoral…

6 hours ago

Tinubu orders arrest, suspension after another fake agency uncovered in SGF’s office

ICPC has uncovered the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office operating…

18 hours ago