This picture shows the destroyed Gaza municipality building in Gaza City, on August 26, 2025, amid the ongoing war between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas militant group. The Israeli security cabinet will meet on August 26 evening in Jerusalem, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's spokesman said, with local media reporting it would discuss renewed negotiations for a ceasefire and hostage release deal. (Photo by Omar AL-QATTAA / AFP)
US President Donald Trump will host a meeting on Wednesday on post-war plans for Gaza, his envoy Steve Witkoff said Tuesday.
“We’ve got a large meeting in the White House tomorrow, chaired by the president, and it’s a very comprehensive plan we’re putting together on the next day,” Witkoff said in a Fox News interview, without providing more details.
He was asked if there was “a plan for a day after in Gaza,” referencing the end of Israel’s war in the Palestinian territory that began in October 2023.
Trump stunned the world earlier this year when he suggested the United States should take control of the Gaza Strip, clear out its two million inhabitants and build seaside real estate.
Trump said the United States would remove rubble and unexploded bombs and turn Gaza into the “Riviera of the Middle East.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the proposal, which was heavily criticized by many European and Arab states.
Witkoff did not elaborate on the plan he touted Tuesday, but said he believed that people would “see how robust it is and how it’s, how well meaning, it is.”
The war in Gaza was sparked by Hamas’s October 2023 attack on Israel, which resulted in the deaths of 1,219 people, mostly civilians, according to an AFP tally based on official figures.
Israel’s retaliatory offensive has killed at least 62,819 Palestinians, most of them civilians, according to figures from the health ministry in Hamas-run Gaza that the United Nations considers reliable.
MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 for business relationship, Advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so on…
YOU CAN READ MORE NEWS UPDATES AND INFO @ https://www.voiceairmedia.com
A combined team of security operatives has rescued a kidnapped woman identified as Jemila Ibrahim…
Former Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq is currently hospitalized in Egypt and unable to…
One person has been confirmed dead while two others were injured and are currently receiving…
The United States Department of Justice has filed a civil complaint seeking to revoke the…
The Court of Appeal sitting in Port Harcourt has delivered a landmark judgment in favour…
Gunshots on Monday rocked some wards in the Ondo Central Senatorial District in Ondo State…