World News

Tragedy as 40 killed in door-to-door slaughtering in Haiti

News update

At least 40 k!lled as gang goes door-to-door sl@ughtering adults�and�children in new Haiti massacre
Haiti has been rocked by a massacre after heavily armed gangs attacked a neighbourhood that is home to most of the country’s elite and left at least 40 de@d.

According to Mayor Jean Massillon, the affluent Kenscoff neighbourhood in Port-au-Prince has been under attack for eight days, with gunmen going home to home and indiscriminately opening fire on civilians.

He blamed the attack on the violent Viv Ansanm gang coalition, which controls much of the Haitian capital.

‘As we speak, they have surrounded the area,’ Massillon said as he called for reinforcements.

The dead include pastors, teachers, and children, although the number is expected to be higher because authorities haven’t been able to reach certain parts of the neighbourhood, which is also home to many politicians and business leaders.

Many victims are working-class people who tend crops on the outskirts of the neighbourhood in the foothills of a mountain range.

Gangs already control 85% of Port-au-Prince, and the United Nations secretary-general warned last month they could soon overrun the capital.

The assault on Kenscoff occurred days after the government and police warned about imminent attacks in the Haitian city, but the warnings did not say where they might occur.

Jean Bertho Valmo, a 45-year-old farmer who fled Kenscoff, told the Associated Press that 12 members of one family were among the dead.

He said he woke to another round of gunfire before dawn Monday. He and his family sought shelter in the yard of the mayor’s office along with dozens of others.

‘There is not enough water and food for everyone,’ he said, and lamented the loss of his crops including cabbage, carrots and broccoli.

‘I invested everything I had in them,’ Valmo said. ‘The police and the government need to put a stop to this.’

The attack on Kenscoff that began on January 27 has left more than 1,660 people homeless, the International Organization for Migration said on Monday.

MESSAGE us @ https://Wa.me/+2348072633727 to kick-start business relationship for your advert, PR, Publicity, Awareness, Interviews, Feature Stories, Press Release/Statement and so on.

Overall, gang violence has left more than 1 million people homeless across Haiti in recent years.

On Friday, one police union said the attack on Kenscoff ‘could have been avoided if police had good equipment’ including a helicopter and an all-terrain vehicle, as well as funds to gather intelligence.

‘Despite these bad conditions, our policemen are making tireless sacrifices, but we cannot tolerate the negligence of the authorities on what must be done to protect their lives and the safety of the population,’ the union, SPNH-17, said in a statement.

YOU CAN READ MORE NEWS UPDATES AND INFO @ https://www.voiceairmedia.com

VAM News

Recent Posts

Tinubu Sweeps Osun APC Presidential Primary With 100,888 Votes, Opponent Gets Zero

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday was declared the winner of the presidential election primary…

4 hours ago

2027: Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye Declares Tinubu Winner of Idanre APC Presidential Primary

News Update IDANRE, ONDO STATE – Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye, an allegedly uncleared aspirant who also…

8 hours ago

Ministers Who Quit Tinubu’s Cabinet Lose APC Primaries

THE decision by some former ministers of President Bola Tinubu to resign from the Federal…

8 hours ago

Trump: Why I won’t attend my son’s wedding

News Update U.S. President Donald Trump announced Friday that he will not attend his eldest…

17 hours ago

Osun: FRSC Deploys 555 Operatives For Eid-el-Kabir

THE Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Osun Sector Command, has revealed that a total of…

23 hours ago

2026 world cup: FIFA introduces Sign Language

FIFA has announced that the 2026 FIFA World Cup will become the first edition of…

1 day ago