The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Kwara Command has detained for prosecution a suspected 19-year-old kidnapper, Abu-Umar.
Â
The State Commandant of NSCDC, Umar Mohammed confirmed his detention at a news conference on Monday, in Ilorin.
Â
Mohammed said the suspect allegedly planned the abduction of a mother and her two children.
Â
“The suspect was involved in the abduction of a mother, Isiaka Halimah, and her two sons, Kabir Isiaka and Hassan Isiaka, on Nov. 7, at Gidanrogo Area of Ajase-Ipo, in Ifelodun Local Government Area.
Â
“He had previously worked for the family of the abducted victims and was tracked and arrested after the kidnappers used his phone number to contact the family.
Â
“While Halimah has been released, the two children are still in captivity,” he said.
Â
The Commandant reiterated the commitment of the NSCDC to combating criminal activities, ensured the safety and security of residents across the state.
Â
“We are working with other security agencies to see how the remaining children will be released,” he said.
Â
Â
TO READ MORE NEWS UPDATES; CLICK @ https://www.voiceairmedia.com
Â
NOTE: YOU can join our WhatsApp, Telegram for the news updates you need by sending your name & location to WhatsApp No. @ Wa.me/+2348111142174
Â
Popular Nollywood actor Taiwo Hassan, professionally known as Ogogo, has been lost to the cold…
Nigerian filling stations have increased their Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, pump price. The adjustment was…
THE Osun State Police Command has urged Nigerian youth to reject political violence, electoral thuggery…
Ordinarily, one wouldn't bother on any response to inglorious pontification of Remi Omowaiye on the…
THE Ekiti State Government has commenced moves to integrate women’s economic empowerment into its broader…
STATEHOUSE STATEMENT Members of the APC Presidential Campaign Council constituted; Abdulaziz Yari to serve as…