Local News

Five die in Osun road accident

Osun State Fire Service on Friday said five lives were lost in the fatal accident involving a gas tanker and a commercial bus that occured in Ile-Ife, Osun state.

Ā 

A popular Newspaper had earlier reported that many commuters were trapped in the accident, which happened along Ife/Ibadan Expressway on Thursday.

Ā 

The spokesman for Osun Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Kehinde Adeleke, whose agency was among the first security agencies to arrive at the scene, said about 17 people were in the bus when the accident occurred.

Ā 

However, while providing an update regarding the accident on Friday, the spokesman for Osun State Fire Service, Ibrahim Adekunle, said five passengers, two male, two females and a toddler, were bought out of the wreckage dead.

Ā 

According to him, the remains of the deceased had been deposited at the morgue of the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife.

Ā 

The statement partly read, ā€œOn Thursday, September 12, 2024 as a gas tanker overran a commercial bus popularly known as ā€˜Sabo-Lagere’ which conveyed an unspecified number of passengers and crushed them to death. They both swerved off the road into a ditch along Ibadan Express Road, Ajebandele, Ile-Ife.

Ā 

ā€œThe incident was reported to our Ile-Ife Zonal Command at around 12 noon and they mobilised to the scene and joined the headquarters from Abere to give adequate backup because of the nature of materials involved in the crash (LPG).

Ā 

ā€œAfter frantic efforts by the men of the State Fire Service in conjunction with FRSC Ile-Ife Zonal Command led by SRC Kenny Olorundare and some local residents, five passengers were recovered from the wreckage which comprises two men and women each and a toddler. They are subsequently conveyed to the OAU Teaching Hospital morgue.ā€

Ā 

Describing the incident as unfortunate and avoidable, the Director of Osun State Fire Service, Mr. Ismail Olaniyi, sympathised with families of the deceased, and Ile-Ife community.

Ā 

TO READ MORE NEWS UPDATES; CLICK @Ā https://www.voiceairmedia.com

Ā 

NOTE: YOU can join our WhatsApp, Telegram for the news updates you need by sending your name & location to WhatsApp No. @ Wa.me/+2348111142174

Ā 

Akanji Philip

Akanji Philip has been working as a reporter with VOICE AIR MEDIA, both onsite at the head office in Odi-Olowo, Osogbo, and remotely since 2021. He has covered events at notable political venues, involving prominent figures such as former Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, current Osun State Governor Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, former Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the late Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, and various other representatives and lawmakers. In addition, he has represented the company at various press conferences at police stations and has reported on occasions featuring entertainers and actors, such as Kola Oyewo during Oba-Ile Day in Osun State, among others. šŸ“ž +2349058501092, +2348137827714 āœ‰ļø akanjiphilips100@gmail.com

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ā€˜THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

3 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

4 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye ā€œSmall Alhajiā€ Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

9 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

12 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

13 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago