Local News

Two dead as two-storey building collapses in Lagos, search continues

VOICE AIR MEDIA, News Update

Emergency responders have recovered the bodies of two middle aged persons, a man and a woman, from the rubbles of a two-storey building that collapsed on Friday morning in Ebute Meta, Lagos.

Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, Lagos Territorial Coordinator, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Farinloye said that a two-storey building with a pent house collapsed at about 0930 hours along Herbert Macaulay way, Ebute Metta.

He said that the Lagos Building Control Agency (LASBCA) had issued evacuation notice several times and all the original occupants had parked out.

“It was alleged that the property had been sold out about four months ago.

“Three of the occupants jumped to safety with the assistance of the residents,” Farinloye said.

He added that search and rescue operations was ongoing

VAM News

Recent Posts

Senator escapes death in APC primary shooting

Gunshots on Monday rocked some wards in the Ondo Central Senatorial District in Ondo State…

12 hours ago

Woman gives birth in court during drug charge arraignment

A pregnant woman shockingly gave birth to a baby boy in the middle of a…

13 hours ago

APC releases full list of senatorial aspirants not cleared for 2027 race

News Update THE All Progressives Congress, APC, has released the list of senatorial aspirants not…

13 hours ago

2027 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan joins race

THE Tanimu Turaki-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is set to screen former…

14 hours ago

Bus kills pedestrian in fatal crash

A pedestrian has lost his life after being knocked down by a Toyota Coaster bus…

14 hours ago

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail, Sets Conditions

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

15 hours ago