Job & Career

N-Power Beneficiaries Cry Out To Tinubu Over Unpaid Stipends

VAM News Update

THE N-Power Programme, a federal government initiative to address youth unemployment and social intervention, has been marred by complaints of non-payment of monthly stipends by some of its beneficiaries.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) spoke to some of the aggrieved participants who expressed their frustration and hardship caused by the delay of their N30,000 monthly allowances.

Mr Francisco Noah, a Batch C1 beneficiary of the N-Teach segment, said he had stopped teaching at a nomadic school in Keffi, Nasarawa State, because he could not afford the transportation cost. He said he had only received 12 months of payment since he joined the programme in January 2021, and the last time he got his stipend was in November 2022.

Mr Usman Dantala, a Batch C2 beneficiary of the N-Agro segment, said he had only received three months of payment since he enrolled in the programme in October 2022. He said he was not posted to any place of primary assignment, despite making several inquiries. He said he needed the skills to be self-reliant, but he was not getting any support from the programme.

The National Programme Manager of the N-Power Scheme, Dr Akindele Egbuwalo, had earlier announced a temporary suspension of the programme, saying that the government would only pay those with genuine claims. He said the suspension and investigation of the scheme were necessary to restore the nation’s confidence in it.

The N-Power Programme was launched by the federal government on June 8, 2016, as a component of the National Social Investment Programme Agency (N-SIPA).

The programme aimed to provide young Nigerians with skills, knowledge, and experience to enhance their employability and entrepreneurship.

However, the programme has been plagued by various challenges, such as irregular payment, poor monitoring, and inadequate infrastructure.

VAM News

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

2 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

4 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

9 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

11 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

13 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago