Local News

Panic As Lagos task force allegedly kills man

VAM News

Unrest may be building up in the Mile 2 area of Lagos following the alleged killing of a yet-to-be-identified man by officials of the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Enforcement Unit, popularly known as Taskforce.

 

A video being circulated on social media on Tuesday morning showed a bonfire suspected to have been set up on the expressway by youths in the area. This is even as the state police command said police officers have been deployed to the scene.

In the video, a man could be heard telOfficials had killed a man. “Currently at mile 2. Taskforce has killed somebody. It’s a shutdown and it’s a no-go area. Please avoid Mile 2 area,” the voice was heard saying in the 18-second video.

However, the spokesperson for the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Enforcement Unit also known as Taskforce, Raheem Gbadeyanka, said the agency’s officials were not at the scene.

“It’s not us. Our men are not there,” he told Punch.

When asked if the state taskforce was carrying out any operation in the area, he responded in the negative, maintaining that the state taskforce was nowhere near the Mile 2 area.

However, state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, while reacting to the video on X, said policemen had been deployed to the scene.”That claim cannot be confirmed yet. Information is still sketchy.

However, I can confirm that police patrol teams have arrived at the scene. Obstacles are being cleared and free flow of traffic picking up again. Further updates to follow,” Hundeyin said on X Tuesday via @BenHundeyin.

Hundeyin also said the Commissioner of Police, CP Idowu Owohunwa, has arrived at the scene, adding “Investigation into the killing of a driver has commenced.”

VAM News

Recent Posts

Senator escapes death in APC primary shooting

Gunshots on Monday rocked some wards in the Ondo Central Senatorial District in Ondo State…

12 hours ago

Woman gives birth in court during drug charge arraignment

A pregnant woman shockingly gave birth to a baby boy in the middle of a…

13 hours ago

APC releases full list of senatorial aspirants not cleared for 2027 race

News Update THE All Progressives Congress, APC, has released the list of senatorial aspirants not…

13 hours ago

2027 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan joins race

THE Tanimu Turaki-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is set to screen former…

14 hours ago

Bus kills pedestrian in fatal crash

A pedestrian has lost his life after being knocked down by a Toyota Coaster bus…

14 hours ago

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail, Sets Conditions

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

15 hours ago