National

FG: No Nigerian Died In Sudan Conflict, KSA Helping With Evacuation By Sea

The Federal Government has issued a fresh situation report regarding the conditions of Nigerians in Sudan amid the ongoing crisis in the North East African country.

 

 

Addressing newsmen at the state house on Wednesday, the Minister of State, Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Zubairu Dada, said no Nigerian has died in the fight between warring military factions in Sudan so far.

 

 

Dada, who spoke after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said the government is working assiduously to evacuate Nigerians.

 

 

He said, “We are confident we shall not lose any life in this exercise to evacuate stranded Nigerians.”

 

 

Dada disclosed that the Director General of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and staff of the Nigerian commission in Egypt and Ethiopia are currently on the ground in the Egyptian border in Aswan to receive close to 40 luxury buses conveying Nigerians who had left the Sudanese capital, Khartoum by road.

 

 

He added that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) government had already evacuated some Nigerians through the sea, a development he noted was highly appreciated by the federal government.

 

 

While speaking, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, said the process started after the federal government had overcome some challenges, adding that it would take a couple of days to evacuate stranded Nigerians.

 

 

He said the sum of $1.2 million had been spent so far on the current effort to move them by road.

 

 

Onyeama said once they were safely moved to Egypt, other arrangements would be effected to airlift them back to Nigeria.

 

 

Both Ministers said women and children would be given priority before diplomats who were equally involved in the evacuation arrangement and logistics.

 

 

They said the Nigerian government was leveraging the 72 hours cease fire window given by the Sudanese government to evacuate as many Nigerians as possible. CONTINUE READING……………………….

 

 

THIS IS FOR YOU🤳🏾👨🏼‍💻

For your Surprise birthday wishes, Business Advert Placement, Publicity Online and offline, Press Release, Social Media Management, For Your Content Writer Plug, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Featured Story, Conference, And Interviews – CONTACT US @VAM on WhatsApp/Call📞@ 08072633727

📲

 

Akanji Philip

Akanji Philip has been working as a reporter with VOICE AIR MEDIA, both onsite at the head office in Odi-Olowo, Osogbo, and remotely since 2021. He has covered events at notable political venues, involving prominent figures such as former Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, current Osun State Governor Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, former Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the late Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, and various other representatives and lawmakers. In addition, he has represented the company at various press conferences at police stations and has reported on occasions featuring entertainers and actors, such as Kola Oyewo during Oba-Ile Day in Osun State, among others. 📞 +2349058501092, +2348137827714 ✉️ akanjiphilips100@gmail.com

Recent Posts

2027: Presidential candidates Sign Peace Accord

...The ceremony came one day before the commencement of campaigns for the presidential and National…

8 hours ago

Ekiti announces date for 2026 Ikogosi Road Race

THE 2026 Ikogosi Road Race will take place on October 31 following official endorsement from…

12 hours ago

Nollywood Actor Hassan Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ in critical condition

THE daughter of veteran Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has debunked reports…

13 hours ago

Osun 2026: Oyebamiji Thanks Supporters, Flags Attacks On APC Members, Urges Peace

All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in the just-concluded Osun State election, Asiwaju Munirudeen Bola…

20 hours ago

83 more Nigerians evacuated from South Africa over Xenophobia attacks

THE Federal Government has announced that another batch of 83 Nigerians evacuated from South Africa…

20 hours ago

“A Great Loss”: Osun Online Publishers Mourn Matron Olufunmilola Abokede

THE Osun Online Publishers Association (OOPA) is in mourning following the death of its Matron,…

21 hours ago