Sports

Remains of Ghanaian Footballer Atsu’s Body found in Turkey quake rubble

VOICE AIR MEDIA News Update

A Ghanaian footballer Christian Atsu has been found dead under the building where he lived in southern Turkey after last week’s massive earthquake, the ex-Chelsea winger’s Turkish agent said.

“Atsu’s lifeless body was found under the rubble,” Murat Uzunmehmet told reporters in Hatay, where the athlete’s body was found. “Currently, more items are still being taken out. His phone was also found.”

Atsu had been scheduled to fly out of southern Turkey hours before the quake, but Hatayspor’s manager said on Friday the Ghanaian opted to stay with the club after scoring the game-winning goal in a Feb. 5 Super Lig match.

VAM News

Recent Posts

Idanre 2027: Hon. Oyewole Guilder Media Debunks False Allegations, Calls For Security Investigation

The attention of the Hon. Oyewole Aderemi Media Team has been drawn to the malicious…

6 minutes ago

2027: Dr. Sesan Sanusi Emerges as Frontline APC Contender for Olorunda State Constituency

Why APC May Find a Winning Formula in Dr. Sesan Sanusi As political calculations gradually…

33 minutes ago

70-year-Old arrested for Alleged Rape of 10-year-old

The Bauchi State Police Command has arrested a 70-year-old man for allegedly raping a 10-year-old…

2 hours ago

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

Former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, is set to emerge as the presidential flag…

2 hours ago

Abducted woman rescued, five suspects arrested

A combined team of security operatives has rescued a kidnapped woman identified as Jemila Ibrahim…

3 hours ago

$1.3m + N746m alleged fraud: Ex-Buhari minister Farouq suddenly hospitalized

Former Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq is currently hospitalized in Egypt and unable to…

3 hours ago