Local News

Kidnapped Ondo monarch freed after payment of N10m

VOICE AIR MEDIA

THE traditional ruler of Oso in Ajowa- Akoko, Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh Olukotun who was kidnapped last week has been freed.

According to sources in the community, the monarch was released in Kogi State on Wednesday around 10pm after seven days in captivity.

One of the sources revealed that a ransom of N10 million was paid to the kidnappers by his family before he was released.

The 66-year-old traditional ruler was kidnapped from his home last week Thursday when gunmen stormed his palace and whisked him away.

Following the kidnap of the monarch, the abductors demanded a N100 million ransom and later reduced it to N10 million to free the monarch.

The source disclosed that “Our Kabiyesi was released around 10:00 pm on Wednesday. That was the exact time the family was contacted all the way from Kogi State, where he was dropped between Kabba and Lokoja.

“The abductors collected a sum of N10 million ransom being money raised by colleague monarchs, Chiefs of our town and our successful children who are based abroad.

“Our Kabiyesi is in the hospital in Lokoja, where he is being treated, because he has become weary and needed medical treatment to regain strength.

Confirming the development, the spokesperson of the Ondo Police Command, said she was not aware of any ransom payment. CONTINUE READING…

Bright Olorungbotemi

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

6 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

8 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

12 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

15 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

16 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago