National

Abuja-Kaduna Rail: FG issues fresh Info, shifts rail service resumption date

The resuming date for train services between Abuja and Kaduna was postponed on Sunday by the Federal Government through the Ministry of Transportation.

While on an inspection tour to determine the level of readiness before the start of the train operations, Mu’azu Sambo, the minister of transportation, revealed this to reporters in Kaduna.

Sambo said that the resumption would not last longer than a week but did not provide a particular date.

The minister claimed that the FG had begun conducting security checks with the implementation of a new ticketing system. He pointed out that it would allow them to predict who would join the train at each interval.

“We have introduced a new system. Before you buy a ticket, the purchase will require you to present a phone number and a national identification card in order to profile you. That is the beginning of the security check. At every point in time that a train moves from one station to another, we know who is on board. If you do not have a NIN, you are not going to board our train.

“If you are a minor, an adult will pay for you or register you and an adult can register not more than four minors.

“We want to give sufficient time for the Nigerian public to listen to this and assimilate this new system so if we start tomorrow, a lot of people will be disgruntled. Definitely, we will resume between three, four, five days, certainly not more than a week.”

Even while there were still some issues that needed to be resolved, he added that overall he was happy with the degree of preparedness.

Regarding the question of whether security measures had been put in place, the minister said that they had been implemented but would not reveal them since, in his opinion, it was a security matter.
CONTINUE READING…

Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or program? For Adverts or reports call/WhatsApp us on +2348072633727

Agency1

Recent Posts

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail, Sets Conditions

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

42 minutes ago

US military targets ISIS in Nigeria again

The US Africa Command, AFRICOM, in a joint collaboration with the Nigerian Government has carried…

53 minutes ago

Man behead mother, kills sister, child in attack

In the first incident, a middle-aged man allegedly attacked and killed his mother with a…

2 hours ago

Osun APC calls for calm amid election disputes

The leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Osun State has called for restraint…

4 hours ago

Bandits behead abducted teacher

Michael Oyedokun, one of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local…

4 hours ago

Supporter shot dead at APC poll

A yet-to-be-identified man was shot dead while several others sustained injuries during a violent clash…

4 hours ago