Sports

Ronaldo to leave Manchester United with immediate effect

VOICE AIR MEDIA

Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement with immediate effect following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan.

United issued a 67-word statement on Tuesday evening announcing they had reached a mutual agreement with the player to terminate his contract.

Ronaldo’s interview on TalkTV – aired in two parts on Wednesday and Thursday last week – saw the 37-year-old criticise the club and manager Erik ten Hag, who the player says he has “no respect” for.

The Portugal forward also claimed members of the United hierarchy were trying to force him out of Old Trafford and doubted him when he said he could not attend pre-season because his daughter was ill in hospital.

United said they would consider their response to Ronaldo’s comments “after the full facts have been established” and have now decided to part ways with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

A club statement read: “Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect.

“The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future.

“Everyone at Manchester United remains focused on continuing the team’s progress under Erik ten Hag and working together to deliver success on the pitch.”

Ronaldo rejoined United for a second spell last year but he had fallen out of favour this season under new manager Ten Hag.

The 37-year-old issued his own statement which read: “Following conversations with Manchester United we have mutually agreed to end our contract early.

“I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change. However, it feels like the right time for me to seek a new challenge.

“I wish the team every success for the remainder of the season and for the future.”

VAM News

Recent Posts

Ekiti Trains 57 Educators, Therapists in Landmark Inclusive Montessori Program

THE Ekiti State Government, through the Office of Special Education and Social Inclusion, has successfully…

3 minutes ago

Egypt coach collapses while trying to stop fight

Egypt head coach Hossam Hassan reportedly collapsed after his two wives got into a dramatic…

2 hours ago

2027: Presidential candidates Sign Peace Accord

...The ceremony came one day before the commencement of campaigns for the presidential and National…

14 hours ago

Ekiti announces date for 2026 Ikogosi Road Race

THE 2026 Ikogosi Road Race will take place on October 31 following official endorsement from…

18 hours ago

Nollywood Actor Hassan Taiwo ‘Ogogo’ in critical condition

THE daughter of veteran Yoruba actor, Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, has debunked reports…

18 hours ago

Osun 2026: Oyebamiji Thanks Supporters, Flags Attacks On APC Members, Urges Peace

All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in the just-concluded Osun State election, Asiwaju Munirudeen Bola…

1 day ago