Crime

Owo Church Attackers Arrested

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, has revealed that those behind the Owo church killing have been arrested.

Voice Air Media recalls that some gunmen had stormed St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State, killing no fewer than 40 worshippers.

The Federal Government, however, said the Islamic States of West Africa Province terrorists were behind the attack.

During a meeting with editors and media executives in Abuja on Tuesday, the Chief of Defence Staff confirmed that the Owo attackers had been apprehended.

Irabor said the suspects would be paraded after an investigation had been concluded into the matter.

According to him, “Within the last time we met, we have recorded remarkable achievement. Let me bring it to your notice that within the same period, there have been ignoble actions of men of the underworld that have impinged on our collective well-being, namely the unfortunate train attack, the attack on Kuje correctional center as well as what has been reported in the past the attack on the presidential convoy.

“Also, the Owo incident which was intended to bring man and women of the armed forces to present them in a form and shape that make it to look as if the nation is on a siege. We have arrested those behind the dastardly act in Owo.

“It was my intention to present them to the public, but because of the investigation still going on, I had to change my mind. I will like to say that in due course, the world will see them and others who are behind other daring attacks in the country.”

A MUST TO READ BELOW
For your Advert Placement, Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Featured story, Conference, Interviews, And So On – CONTACT US on WhatsApp/Call📞@ 08072633727 📲
NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our Trending, latest and timely news directly into your WhatsApp Box as the news breaks.

VAM News

Recent Posts

Bus kills pedestrian in fatal crash

A pedestrian has lost his life after being knocked down by a Toyota Coaster bus…

7 minutes ago

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail, Sets Conditions

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

53 minutes ago

US military targets ISIS in Nigeria again

The US Africa Command, AFRICOM, in a joint collaboration with the Nigerian Government has carried…

1 hour ago

Man behead mother, kills sister, child in attack

In the first incident, a middle-aged man allegedly attacked and killed his mother with a…

2 hours ago

Osun APC calls for calm amid election disputes

The leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Osun State has called for restraint…

4 hours ago

Bandits behead abducted teacher

Michael Oyedokun, one of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local…

4 hours ago