Nine persons were burnt to death on Friday in an accident which occurred at Omotosho Step Down Bridge, on Ore-Lagos expressway in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.
Mr Sikiru Alonge, Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ore Unit Command, confirmed the accident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ore.
Alonge said the crash which happened early in the morning involved two vehicles, a white Toyota Hiace bus with registration number FKJ 095 XE and a Honda Accord Saloon car which the registration number cannot be ascertained.
“Nine persons were burnt to death in a ghastly accident which happened on Ore-Lagos expressway early this morning.
“The accident was caused by a tyre burst which cause a head-on collision which later resulted into a fire blast which burnt all occupants of the vehicles beyond recognition,” he said.
Alonge said the remains of the victims had been deposited at the morgue of the General Hospital in Ore.
He advised motorists to always maintain speed limit, concentrate, exercise patience, and obey all traffic rules and regulations while driving in order to save lives and property.
Do you have any information you wish to share with us? Do you want us to cover your event or programme? For Adverts or report call/WhatsApp us on +2348072633727
Nigerian filling stations have increased their Premium Motor Spirit, PMS, pump price. The adjustment was…
THE Osun State Police Command has urged Nigerian youth to reject political violence, electoral thuggery…
Ordinarily, one wouldn't bother on any response to inglorious pontification of Remi Omowaiye on the…
THE Ekiti State Government has commenced moves to integrate women’s economic empowerment into its broader…
STATEHOUSE STATEMENT Members of the APC Presidential Campaign Council constituted; Abdulaziz Yari to serve as…
Two personnel of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, Amotekun Corps, were killed when suspected…