Kwara State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ajayi Okasanmi, has confirmed the killing of some youths in the state during a clash over a lady.
Reports made available to newsmen on Sunday night revealed that three people were killed in Offa Local Government Area of the state during the weekend after two rival groups clashed.
The fight was said to have begun last Saturday night.
Confirming the incident to Daily Trust, a resident, Alhaji Abdulrahman, disclosed that the fight was between some youths of Isale Oja and Oja Oba in Offa.
He told reporters that one of the group leaders is understood to have snatched the girlfriend of a member of the rival group.
The development, according to him led to the chaotic event that claimed the life of three persons whose identities are yet to be revealed.
Having confirmed the incident, the PPRO in the state told newsmen that investigations are already ongoing to unravel the genesis of the incident.
He, however, revealed that two people died in the incident.
“Before the arrival of Policemen dispatched to the scene, two of the warring gangster groups, Samad Adeyemi, 21, and Abdulahi Mohammed, 20, had been shot dead.
“Investigation into the matter is however in progress,” Okasanmi noted.
THE Federal Government has declared Tuesday, August 25, 2026, a public holiday in commemoration of…
Nigerian Gospel singer Asu Ekiye has announced the end of his 28-year marriage to Kunemofa…
Five suspected members of an armed robbery syndicate have been arrested by the Osun State…
News Update THE Dangote Refinery has increased the price of Automotive Gas Oil, AGO, otherwise…
THE Olowu of Kuta Kingdom, Oba Dr. Adekunle Oyelude Makama CON (Tegbosun III), has called…
News Update Towards strengthening governance and enhancing service delivery to the people of Ondo State,…