Extra

Anambra: NULGE rescinds decision to shutdown operations

The leadership of the National Union of Local Government Employees (NUGLE) in Anambra has rescinded its earlier directive for members to shut down activities following attacks on council headquarters by gunmen.

 

 

Mr. Samson Chikwelu, state chairman of the union made the disclosure in a chat with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Awka.

 

 

The union had directed that its members in the 21 local governments of the state to stay away from work from Monday, April 7 till April 13 for their safety from possible attacks.

 

 

Chikwelu said the reversion of the directive followed a meeting with the officials of the state government on Thursday, April 7.

 

 

According to him, the earlier action was as a result of their workers and facilities being targeted by gunmen.
He alleged that the government had not done enough to ensure the safety of workers.

 

 

The chairman said that the union lost a member in the recent attack at the Nnewi North headquarters in Ukpo.

 

 

Gunmen attacked Nnewi North Council headquarters, Ukpor last week where a security man on duty was killed.

 

 

But while the union was still pressing on the Ukpor problem, gunmen yet attacked Aguata Council headquarters Ekwulobia on Thursday and razed some buildings and vehicles within the complex.

 

 

Chikwelu said the State Executive Council of NUGLE would convene a meeting on April 12 to further deliberate on the matter, while advising members to still be attending work and be security conscious.

 

 

 

A MUST TO READ BELOW
For your Advert Placement, Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Featured story, Conference, Interviews, And So On – CONTACT US on WhatsApp/Call📞@ 08072633727 📲
NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our Trending, latest and timely news directly into your WhatsApp Box as the news breaks.

Akanji Philip

Akanji Philip has been working as a reporter with VOICE AIR MEDIA, both onsite at the head office in Odi-Olowo, Osogbo, and remotely since 2021. He has covered events at notable political venues, involving prominent figures such as former Osun Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, current Osun State Governor Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, former Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the late Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, and various other representatives and lawmakers. In addition, he has represented the company at various press conferences at police stations and has reported on occasions featuring entertainers and actors, such as Kola Oyewo during Oba-Ile Day in Osun State, among others. 📞 +2349058501092, +2348137827714 ✉️ akanjiphilips100@gmail.com

Recent Posts

Osun 2026: Oyebamiji Thanks Supporters, Flags Attacks On APC Members, Urges Peace

All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in the just-concluded Osun State election, Asiwaju Munirudeen Bola…

3 hours ago

83 more Nigerians evacuated from South Africa over Xenophobia attacks

THE Federal Government has announced that another batch of 83 Nigerians evacuated from South Africa…

4 hours ago

“A Great Loss”: Osun Online Publishers Mourn Matron Olufunmilola Abokede

THE Osun Online Publishers Association (OOPA) is in mourning following the death of its Matron,…

5 hours ago

Ekiti Government Flags Off WEE Policy Workshop To Drive Sustainable Women’s Economic Inclusion

NEWS UPDATE In a bold push to institutionalize inclusive growth and expand socio-economic frontiers for…

12 hours ago

Olojudo of Ido-Osun Felicitates Adeleke on Re-election, Calls it Testament to God’s Will, Democracy

THE Olojudo of Ido-Osun Alayemore, Oba Olayinka Oyetunde Ishola Jokotola has described the victory of…

14 hours ago

Ondo raises tertiary institutions’ subvention, approves FG-varsities unions deal

News Update In furtherance of his administration’s commitment to education and the welfare of workers,…

18 hours ago