Local News

Military Hands Over 1009 Ex-Boko Haram Fighters To Borno Government

 

 

 

The Nigerian military on Wednesday, July 14, reportedly released 1,009 ex-Boko Haram insurgents, who had been in military custody at Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

 

 

The former terrorists were handed over to the Borno State Government in a secret ceremony that was initially billed to take place at an earlier date but was suspended indefinitely by the military authorities at the wake of the appointment of the new COAS, Punch reports.

 

Sources in the army told the publication that the ex-terrorists were handed over to the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Hajiya Zuwaira Gambo, who represented the state government at the event.

 

 

The officer said, according to Punch, “The army handed 1,009 Boko Haram insurgents to the state government today (Wednesday). It was done in secret. We were warned not to allow journalists to the venue.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EDITORIAL NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our trending and latest news directly into your WhatsApp Private Box as the news breaks.
Kindly CONTACT US ON 08072633727 📲 whatsApp 📞Also, For your Advert Placement, Media & Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Conference, Interviews, And So On
©VAM News – THE NEWS YOU NEED.
For conveniency, your comfortability, and easy access to the trending and latest info as the news breaks, Kindly DOWNLOAD VAM News @ www.voiceairmedia.com mobile App, Click Link below….https://m.apkpure.com/vam-news-media/com.wVAMNEWSONLINE_8865908

VAM News

Recent Posts

Bus kills pedestrian in fatal crash

A pedestrian has lost his life after being knocked down by a Toyota Coaster bus…

18 minutes ago

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail, Sets Conditions

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir…

1 hour ago

US military targets ISIS in Nigeria again

The US Africa Command, AFRICOM, in a joint collaboration with the Nigerian Government has carried…

1 hour ago

Man behead mother, kills sister, child in attack

In the first incident, a middle-aged man allegedly attacked and killed his mother with a…

2 hours ago

Osun APC calls for calm amid election disputes

The leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Osun State has called for restraint…

4 hours ago

Bandits behead abducted teacher

Michael Oyedokun, one of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local…

4 hours ago