Sports

Messi Sets For A New Deal

 

Lionel Messi has reportedly agreed to a fresh two-year contract to stay at Barcelona.

 

The 33-year-old’s future at the Catalan giants had been in doubt, with his current deal expiring at the end of this month.

But according to Spanish outlet Cadena Cope, the Argentine playmaker has accepted the club’s financial package as well as the payment structure that they have proposed as part of the deal.

 

The outlet adds that finer details still need to be ironed out, but the expectation remains that Messi will extend his 17-year career as part of the Barcelona first team, in which he has won 34 trophies.

 

It would be a remarkable turnaround after Messi stunned the club nearly 12 months ago when he submitting a transfer request following their 8-2 Champions League humiliation by Bayern Munich.

This comes days after his compatriot and close friend Sergio Aguero, who was unveiled as a Barcelona player on Monday, having also agreed a two-year deal once his contract at Manchester City expires at the end of the month.

 

‘We hope to play together, of course,’ Aguero said when asked if his arrival was an indicator that Messi had decided to stay at the club.

 

 

 

 

EDITORIAL NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our trending and latest news directly into your WhatsApp Private Box as the news breaks.
Kindly CONTACT US ON 08072633727 📲 whatsApp 📞Also, For your Advert Placement, Media & Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Conference, Interviews, And So On
©VAM News – THE NEWS YOU NEED.
For conveniency, your comfortability, and easy access to the trending and latest info as the news breaks, Kindly DOWNLOAD VAM News @ www.voiceairmedia.com mobile App, Click Link below….https://m.apkpure.com/vam-news-media/com.wVAMNEWSONLINE_8865908

VAM News

Recent Posts

FG’s UTME Exemption Raises Education Concerns

The Federal Government’s decision to exempt candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Education and Agriculture…

3 minutes ago

APC 2027: Ondo Reps Candidates Emerge After Heated Primaries – Full list

THE All Progressives Congress. APC, has unveiled its candidates for the 2027 House of Representatives…

3 hours ago

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

10 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

12 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

17 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

19 hours ago