Categories: Local News

BREAKING: FG Reacts As Twitter Deletes Buhari’s “Threat” Tweet

 

 

The Federal Government has kicked against Twitter that on Wednesday deleted President Muhammadu Buhari’s tweet that spoke of treating people in the “language they understand.”

 

The Presidency questioned the role of Twitter in the secessionist agitation in the South-East following the social media’s deletion of a tweet by President Muhammadu Buhari evoking the memories of the civil war to threaten “those misbehaving” in the region.

The president had said in his series of tweets on his handle @mbuhari on Tuesday: “Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand.”

 

Twitter has now deleted the posts citing violation of its rules.

 

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, who reacted to the tweet deletion at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting at the presidential villa, Abuja, wondered why Twitter would delete President Buhari’s post without doing same to the inciting ones that had been posted by Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOP).

He alleged that the role of Twitter in Nigeria is suspect, noting that the social media platform also backed opponents of government during the #EndSARS protests.

 

Details later…

 

 

 

 

 

EDITORIAL NOTE: We wish to add you to our WhatsApp Database to get our trending and latest news directly into your WhatsApp Private Box as the news breaks.
Kindly CONTACT US ON 08072633727 📲 whatsApp 📞Also, For your Advert Placement, Media & Publicity, Press Release, Personality Promotion, Special Report, Conference, Interviews, And So On
©VAM News – THE NEWS YOU NEED.
For conveniency, your comfortability, and easy access to the trending and latest info as the news breaks, Kindly DOWNLOAD VAM News @ www.voiceairmedia.com mobile App, Click Link below….https://m.apkpure.com/vam-news-media/com.wVAMNEWSONLINE_8865908

VAM News

Recent Posts

Fake News Alert: Small Alhaji Team Slams “Thugs Disrupted APC Secretariat” Report, Says Story is False

SMALL ALHAJI MEDIA TEAM DEBUNKS ‘THUG DISRUPTION’ CLAIMS, DESCRIBES REPORT AS FALSE AND AI-MANIPULATED The…

4 hours ago

Ekiti South Federal Constituency II Moves to Form Coalition Against Femi Bamisile, Considers NDC as Alternative

Political stakeholders, youths and concerned leaders across Ekiti South Federal Constituency II have rejected the…

6 hours ago

Tajudeen Adefisoye “Small Alhaji” Cleared for Idanre/Ifedore APC primary

All Progressives Congress (APC) House of Representatives aspirant for Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency, Ondo State, Tajudeen…

10 hours ago

Coach Alonso issues message for Chelsea fc

News Update New Chelsea manager, Xabi Alonso, has expressed happiness after he was appointed as…

13 hours ago

State Perm Sec dies during Hajj

News Update Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed, has expressed regrets over the death of the…

14 hours ago

US, Nigerian troops kill ISIS second-in-command

News Update US President Donald Trump says Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, the second-in-command of ISIS, has been…

2 days ago